Additional Services
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Julie Rand Nov 17, 2017 Local move from Glen Cove, NY to Brentwood, NY I hired Public Moving and Storage located in Charlotte,NC with DOT# 2955650 after I lost my home in New York to a bank foreclosure.I have two children with disabilities and none of my family live in New York.

I needed to move to St Louis, Missouri where my family live.I contracted with Public Moving and Storage ,based out of North Carolina, on June 19. I had been assured they would handle everything for my families moving other then our personal items. I asked several times if there were any other hidden charges since I am a single mother on a tight budget, was told this was my total, then paid a deposit of $1,840 by credit card on June 19. 2017.

I was scheduled to move June 30, 2017. The day of the move Public Moving called saying they had over booked and asked if I would change days to Saturday July 1 in exchange for a $200 reduction in my rate. As soon as the movers arrived, in a rented Enterprise moving truck, they started adding to the amount due. When I called the company I was told since it was Saturday no one could help me.

I tried to cancel but they had my deposit which they would keep if I canceled. I saw the minimum they would move was 600 cubic feet and asked to be reduced to that amount. They refused. We settled for them moving 1000 cubic feet with no extra's, such as mattress bags and television packing.

I was informed they needed cash payment for half of the remainder $1,445, which I paid. They took 4 dressers filled with light, fragile items, that were important to us such as pictures and items my children had made since we were told we could leave light, fragile items in dresser drawers. They took a clothes washer, dryer, dishwasher and a free standing freezer as well as 16 boxes filled with my children and my possessions. They were to hold these for 60 days then deliver.

I started calling at the end of August to get a date for delivery but was told they had between 4 and 21 business days to deliver goods. I called every week trying to get my belongings. The often would put me on hold for long periods of time, once for an hour and a half, then disconnect my call or send me straight to voice mail. I was told on Oct 18 my belongings were being loaded and would take 7 to 10 business days for delivery.

I was to expect a call giving me notice a few days before delivery. Three business days later, Monday Oct 23, I received a call saying my items were to be delivered the next morning at 6 am. I was not going to be in town until Oct 26 and told the man I would take delivery Friday October 27. This morning I called Public Movers at 8:07 am central time, and was told no one could talk to me about my property at this time but they would call me later today.

I waited until 3:39 pm and called them back only to be told I am not listed as a delivery for next week and that there was no one who could talk to me until Monday Oct 30. I have since called back only to either not have my call answered or to be told someone would call me back and they never call. I am a single mother with two disabled children. I truly need our belongings.

It is getting cold and our winter clothes are in those boxes.

We need our appliances and dressers, they contain memories that I can not replace.Please help if you can.

Review about: Public Moving And Storage Long Distance Moving Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Were the worst moving company.

Comments