1.6
Additional Services
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 03

I finally received my property ~ AFTER I contacted and was contacted by the Chicago BBB, the Department of Transportation and Household Goods Enforcement and Compliance / Commercial Enforcement and Investigations Division, MC-ECC of

the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.The Chicago BBB attempted 3 times to contact Public and Public did not respond so their BBB rating now has mine and 2 other failing ratings that have been verified ~ so far.

The DOT and the FMSCA both are investigating this company.

Upon arriving the truck was a beat up white Ryder truck and upon opening the back, my lawn furniture and 12 speed bike were twisted into one another. The driver wouldn't unload my property until I paid him an additional $250 for "the steps leading to my house and the steps to the upstairs bedroom." Nope, they got no extra money from me ~ but they dumped all my belongings in the front room, I did get my bed and dresser upstairs after they drug a 2-wheeler up my hardwood steps, and unwrapped 2 broken pieces of furniture that were definitely broken at the time of origination. One piece was an antique side table that 'they' literally wrenched the legs off and broke the base.

And the second piece was the night stand corner leg that now wobbles. Clearly newly broken based on the color of the break. The Public driver wanted to fix both pieces with a couple of nails and glue. (He wasn't permitted to touch them).

And for the inventory sheet ~ every piece was given a number but NOTHING matched - the inventory log stated 011 was a small box and it was actually a area rug. So for me to use this inventory list to check off items as they brought items into the house or for later reference was totally USELESS. I showed it to the driver and he got upset thinking I was blaming this on him.

What a horrible company ~ made phone calls afterwards and not a peep, not one returned phone call from Customer Service or Quality.Small Claims Court is next as a Federal Employee I will not allow the taxpayers to pay for me being ripped off.

Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2016

My Sr Moving Consultant was Kyle Walker - Total LIAR They told me (1) day!!!!!Not over (10) !!!

When the movers showed up at 10:30 on the 22nd (not 8 am) they began by having me sign all these papers that I wanted to read first. The longer I took to read the longer it took for them to start packing. They were somewhat frustrated with me and I felt very uncomfortable and up against the wall. I tried calling my Moving Consultant, but had to leave several messages.

One of the reasons I went with Public was Kyles' promise to be there with me until the mover unloaded! Additional Costs and the Unknowns that day: The movers were not prepared for the actual quantity of HH materials and the move took until 4:45pm. I was charged for 'additional 'step' to and from my condo to an elevator and from the elevator to the moving truck. I was later told that they were to take my HH belongings back to Baltimore NOT Ohio.

I called my Move Consultant, the 1-800 Customer Service, then the Quality extension, then the Dispatcher. The Dispatcher said that the consultant shouldn’t have promised me a next day delivery. The Customer Service rep was rude and insulted me. The Dispatcher did agree to put me on the schedule for the next 1-3 days.

And that would also include them moving on Thanksgiving Day. The driver would call 12 hrs in advance. It was pitch black and the paperwork was folded when the drivers finally closed the truck. Upon review of the paperwork once in OH, it was 100% not legible.

So I called and called and called to see if i could get legible copies. I have to turn them in for Federal reimbursement - Public has totally blown me off. Everyday I call Public, 1-888-689-2823, and Option 3, for the Dispatcher (Emma Riley), and everyday E Richey doesn’t know the status and has to talk to the actual Dispatcher who never seems to be available. Emma never calls me back once she checks with this Imaginary Dispatcher.

Wednesday, 11/30/2016 I called (Dispatch) E Richey, and she said I will receive my HH belongings this Weekend (12/3 or 12/4). She said it was a “Promise.” Thursday, 12/1/2016, I received a phone call from Angela Anderson - no idea who she is but she was looking for money. Money that was paid in the amount of ($1918) at the time they loaded my things in VA. THAT is when I found out that my weekend delivery was NOT going to happen.

*Note: my $1800+ check was deposited on 11/23/2016 per my bank. FRIDAY, 12/2/2016: called Emma Richey (Dispatcher) to check on arrival/schedule. NOW IT Might be NEXT WEEK. 1.

I was a SOLD a BIG FAT LIE: that I was told I have an arrival of 11/23/2016 by Kyle Walker, consultant. I made the pen & ink changes like the Moving Coordinator and I discussed, scanned the entire contract back with ALL the edits initialed, and then the credit card payment was ACCEPTED. 2. I was PROMISED by The Dispatcher a 1-3 day delivery (by Friday 11/27/2016) another LIE, after I found out they took my things to Baltimore and were to store them in a warehouse.

3. Then Emma the Dispatcher promised the weekend of 12/3/2016 or 12/4/2016 – another LIE. 4. NOW it MIGHT BE one day NEXT WEEK: 12/5/2016 Public TOOK my monies, accepted the edited contract and now my household belongings are being held HOSTAGE.

And Public speaks to me like I am bothering them; like am trash. i am very polite, patient - but enough is enough. I files a complaint with the BBB of greater Chicago and they accepted it.

I also contacted the Department of Transportation.This is Wrong.

LF20162016 wrote the review because of not as described at Public Moving And Storage. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Public Moving And Storage to have the product delivered.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Uhaul. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Public Moving And Storage moving of household belongings for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Public Moving And Storage?

Comments